At EnergyPricing.com, we take pride in our editorial integrity. Our content is not influenced by any energy supplier or provider. However, we may reference their products in our articles. Here's an explanation of how we make money.
If you're looking for the cheapest electric rates in PECO, you've come to the right spot. This article is your ultimate guide to finding the best PECO electricity rates.
We'll guide you through the supplier comparison process, share current and past rates in PECO, and even offer money-saving tips for your next electric bill.
Ready to get started? Let's dive in!
Understanding PECO Electricity Rates
When it comes to setting up service for your home or business with PECO, you have two choices for your electricity rates. The first option is to stick with PECO's default rate, which fluctuates based on current market conditions. However, thanks to PECO's customer choice program, the second option is to switch to a third-party electricity supplier.
PECO Price to Compare
The PECO price to compare represents the cost per kilowatt-hour (kWh) for customers on the default rate. It includes the charges for generation supply, transmission, the state's gross receipts tax, and the implementation of Alternative Energy Portfolio Standards (AEPs). When comparing rates, customers should ask suppliers for their all-in rate (i.e., their price to compare) and compare it to the utility's default rate. Below, you will find the PECO Price to compare for residential and commercial customers from 12/01/2023- 2/29/2024.
- PECO Price to Compare for residential customers is currently $0.08917 per kWh
- PECO Price to Compare for business customers is currently $0.0879 per kWh
Disclaimer: The current PECO Price to compare information was obtained from sources that we believe to be reliable, but its accuracy and completeness are not guaranteed.
How to Switch to a Cheaper PECO Electric Rate
When it comes to switching to a cheaper PECO electric rate, you have plenty of options. In fact, there are over 100 electric suppliers registered with the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission. Talk about choices!
Thankfully, EnergyPricing.com's user-friendly interface makes comparing PECO Energy Rates as easy as 1-2-3.
- Click the Get Started Button: This will direct you to all our available electricity suppliers in your area.
- Compare Rates and Suppliers: Our easy-to-use interface allows you to compare all the suppliers and plans effortlessly.
- Enroll Online: Once you find the perfect plan, you can enroll online in less that 2 minutes.
Would you like to see how it works in real-time? Watch the video below to learn how shop online with EnergyPricing.com.
Benefits of Switching PECO Electric Suppliers
By switching to a third-party electric supplier in PECO, you can unlock many benefits. Experience lower rates and enjoy a range of perks. Below are all the advantages of switching PECO electric suppliers.
- No Interruption in Service: PECO will still be in charge of delivering your electricity, meaning you won’t experience any disruption to the service when switching suppliers. Also, when there is a power outage, PECO will still be responsible for getting you back up and running.
- Budget Certainty: Switching to a third-party PECO electricity provider offers a significant benefit: budget certainty. Instead of being subject to PECO's default rate that changes every couple of months, you can secure a fixed electricity rate for up to typically 48 months if you choose.
- 100% Green Option: If you're someone who cares about the environment and is looking for a 100% Green Energy Plan, then switching to a 100% Green electricity supplier in PECO is for you.
Factors to Consider When Comparing PECO Energy Suppliers
If comparing energy suppliers feels overwhelming, you're not alone. With so many options, it can be hard to know where to start. Here are some factors to consider when comparing suppliers:
- Price: Be sure to compare different rates and plans from each supplier to find the best options for your needs and budget.
- Read Customer Reviews: Many customers will post reviews of their experience with each supplier. This can be a great way to get an idea of the customer service and reliability of each company.
- Company Size: Consider the number of customers a company has. It can indicate their size and stability. A larger customer base means more resources to meet customer demands.
- Company History: Researching a company's history can help you gauge its reliability. A company with a long history of reliable service is a positive sign of its longevity.
- Read the Contract: Read the entire agreement carefully before committing yourself to any provider. Look for hidden fees or penalties, cancellation clauses, and contract length.
PECO Service Area
PECO (formerly Philadelphia Electric Company) is Pennsylvania's largest electric utility. It serves nearly 1.7 million customers in the Philadelphia region. When comparing PECO electric rates, make sure to check if the plan applies to PECO customers. Electricity rates can vary depending on the utility.
PECO Commercial Electric Rates
Are you in search of PECO commercial rates? Look no further! EnergyPricing.com offers the best deals tailored to your needs. With our advanced technology, comparing prices from multiple PECO electricity suppliers has never been easier.
Discover the numerous benefits of choosing EnergyPricing.com for your next commercial electricity contract:
- Direct Access to Providers: Our easy-to-use interfaces let you submit your commercial electricity accounts directly to our network of electricity suppliers. Just sit back and watch the bids come in!
- Transparent Pricing: At EnergyPricing.com, we believe in being 100% transparent with our pricing and will disclose how much electricity providers compensate us. Due to our automated online pricing process, we can offer some of the rates in the market.
- Expert Advice: Unsure which plan or energy provider to use? No problem. You will have access to an industry expert who can help you.
Tips for Lowering Your Next PECO Electric Bill
There are multiple strategies you can employ to lower your electric bill. By incorporating energy-efficient practices and shopping for better rates, you have the potential to decrease your monthly bill significantly. Refer to the list below for valuable tips on how to cut costs on your upcoming PECO bill.
Shop for Better Rates - One of the easiest ways to lower your electricity bill is to shop around for better rates. One option is PA Power Switch, the Pennsylvania PUC's shopping website.It's important to note that any licensed supplier can post offers there, regardless of reputation and customer service complaints.Unlike the state shopping website, EnergyPricing.com pre-screens all our suppliers and energy plans to bring you the best options.
Energy Efficiency Measures - To lower your energy bill, it's worth considering energy-efficient alternatives. Opt for LED light bulbs and Energy Star-certified appliances such as refrigerators, washing machines, and dishwashers. Additionally, consider using programmable thermostats. Also, remember to look at the utility companies' energy efficiency programs, as they might provide rebates to help offset some of the expenses.
Smart Usage Habits - In addition to considering energy-efficient alternatives, you should look into developing smart usage habits to lower your next electric bill. Remember to turn off lights and electronics when not in use, seal air leaks in your home, and use fans instead of air conditioning. These simple steps can actively reduce your energy consumption and lead to lower monthly bills.
Ready to Start Pricing? Save Today!
Ready to start saving on your next PECO electric bill? This in-depth article equipped you with all the valuable information to find the most affordable electricity rates in PECO.
You Discovered the key factors to consider when comparing electricity suppliers and also gained insights on how to reduce your next electricity bill. Take the first step towards savings by entering clicking the Get Started button below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is EnergyPricing.com?
EnergyPricing.com is an online marketplace that connects residential and commercial customers in deregulated electricity and natural gas states with energy suppliers.
How does EnergyPricing.com make money?
As a registered electricity broker with the Public Utility Commission in Pennsylvania, electricity suppliers pay us a small commission for connecting customers like you with them. Here is a full explanation on how we make money.
What is PECO's current price to compare?
From 12/01/2023 to 2/29/2024, the PECO price to compare for residential customers is $0.08917 per kWh. For commercial customers, PECO's price to compare is $0.08790 per kWh. Shop on EnergyPricing.com to find cheaper rates.
Paul Rhoads, CEM, CEP
Paul is the Vice President of EnergyPricing.com. He has over a decade of experience in the energy industry, advising clients on how to shop in deregulated energy states. In addition to his experience, Paul is a Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and Certified Energy Procurement Professional (CEP).
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Understanding PECO Electricity Rates
- PECO Price to Compare
- How to Switch to a Cheaper PECO Electric Rate
- Benefits of Switching PECO Electric Suppliers
- Factors to Consider When Comparing PECO Energy Suppliers
- PECO Service Area
- PECO Commercial Electric Rates
- Tips for Lowering Your Next PECO Electric Bill
- Ready to Start Pricing? Save Today!
- Frequently Asked Questions