At EnergyPricing.com, we take pride in our editorial integrity. Our content is not influenced by any energy supplier or provider. However, we may reference their products in our articles. Here's an explanation of how we make money.
Are you looking for the cheapest PPL electricity rates? Well, you have come to the right spot. This article will be your ultimate guide to finding the cheapest PPL electric rates.
We will guide you through the ins and outs of comparing suppliers and provide you with an update on current and in PPL. We will even give you some tips on how to save on your PPL electric bill.
Ready to get started? Let's dive in!
Understanding PPL Electric Rate Options
When it comes to setting up service for your home or business in PPL (formerly known as Pennsylvania Power & Light), you have two choices for your electricity rates. The first option is to stick with PPL's default rate, which varies based on current market conditions. However, thanks to PPL's electric choice program, your second option is to switch to a third-party electricity supplier.
PPL Price to Compare
PPL electric utilities price to compare (also known as PPL's rate to compare) is the cost per kilowatt-hour (kWh) for customers on the default rate. It includes generation, transmission charges, the state's gross receipts tax, and charges for implementing the Alternative Energy Portfolio Standards (AEPs). When comparing rates, ask suppliers for their all-in rate (i.e. their price to compare) to evaluate against the utility's default rate. Below is PPL's Price to compare for residential and business customers from December 1st, 2023, to May 31, 2024.
- PPL Price to Compare for residential customers is currently $0.11028 per kWh
- PPL Price to Compare for business customers is currently $0.11386 per kWh
Disclaimer: The current PPL Price to compare information was obtained from sources that we believe to be reliable, but its accuracy and completeness are not guaranteed.
How to Switch PPL Electric Suppliers
Switching electricity suppliers in PPL doesn't have to be overwhelming. With EnergyPricing.com's easy-to-use interface, swiching suppliers is a breeze!
Compare Electric Rates in PA in just 3 Easy Steps:
- Click the Get Started Button: This will direct you to all our available electricity suppliers in your area.
- Compare Rates and Suppliers: Our easy-to-use interface allows you to compare all the suppliers and plans effortlessly.
- Enroll Online: Once you find the perfect plan, you can enroll online in less that 2 minutes.
Would you like to see how it works in real-time? Watch the video below to learn how shop online with EnergyPricing.com.
Benefits of Switching PPL Electric Suppliers
By switching electricity suppliers in PPL, customers can enjoy numerous benefits. Not only can you discover cheaper PPL rates, but you can also take advantage of the various perks of switching electricity suppliers. Below are all the benefits of switching PPL electric suppliers.
- No Interruption in Service: PPL electric utilities will still be in charge of delivering your electricity, meaning you won’t experience any disruption to the service when switching suppliers. Also, when there is a power outage, PPL will still be responsible for getting you back up and running.
- Budget Certainty: Switching to a third-party PPL electricity provider offers a significant benefit: budget certainty. Instead of being subject to PPL's default rate that changes every couple of months, you can secure a fixed electricity rate for up to typically 48 months if you choose.
- 100% Green Option: If you're someone who cares about the environment and is looking for a 100% Green Energy Plan, then switching to a 100% Green electricity supplier in PPL is for you.
Factors to Consider When Comparing Suppliers
If you're struggling to compare electric suppliers, you're not alone. With numerous options available, it can be daunting to know where to start. Below are some of the factors that we recommend to consider when comparing suppliers
- Price: Be sure to compare different rates and plans from each supplier to find the best options for your needs and budget.
- Read Customer Reviews: Many customers will post reviews of their experience with each supplier. This can be a great way to get an idea of the customer service and reliability of each company.
- Company Size: Consider the number of customers a company has. It can indicate their size and stability. A larger customer base means more resources to meet customer demands.
- Company History: Researching a company's history can help you gauge its reliability. A company with a long history of reliable service is a positive sign of its longevity.
- Read the Contract: Read the entire agreement carefully before committing yourself to any provider. Look for hidden fees or penalties, cancellation clauses, and contract length.
PPL Electric Service Area
PPL is a Pennsylvania utility company operating in central Pennsylvania, serving approximately 1.4 million customers across 29 counties. When shopping for PPL electric rates, it is crucial to verify if the plan applies to PPL customers. Electricity rates can vary significantly depending on the utility they are intended for. Additionally, some notable cities within the PPL service area include Allentown and Scranton.
PPL Commercial Rates
As a business owner looking for PPL commercial rates, you want to be sure you’re getting the best deal possible. Luckily, with EnergyPricing.com’s proprietary technology, you now have the power to price your electricity accounts directly with multiple PPL electricity providers, all online!
Below are some benefits of using EnergyPricing.com for your next commercial electricity contract.
- Direct Access to Providers: Our easy-to-use interfaces let you submit your commercial electricity accounts directly to our network of electricity suppliers. Just sit back and watch the bids come in!
- Transparent Pricing: At EnergyPricing.com, we believe in being 100% transparent with our pricing and will disclose how much electricity providers compensate us. Due to our automated online pricing process, we can offer some of the rates in the market.
- Expert Advice: Unsure which plan or energy provider to use? No problem. You will have access to an industry expert who can help you.
Tips for Lowering Your Electric Bill in PPL
There are several effective strategies to reduce your electric bill. By incorporating energy-efficient habits and shopping for better rates, you can significantly lower your monthly expenses. Check out the list below for tips on saving energy and money on your upcoming electricity bill in PPL.
Shop for Better Rates - One of the easiest ways to lower your electricity bill is to shop around for better rates. One option is PA Power Switch, the Pennsylvania PUC's shopping website.It's important to note that any licensed supplier can post offers there, regardless of reputation and customer service complaints.Unlike the state shopping website, EnergyPricing.com pre-screens all our suppliers and energy plans to bring you the best options.
Energy Efficiency Measures - Another way to lower your electricity bill is to invest in energy-efficient measures. Opt for LED light bulbs, Energy Star-certified refrigerators, washing machines, and dishwashers, as well as programmable thermostats. These choices will not only save you money but also contribute to a greener and more sustainable future.
Smart Usage Habits - Alongside investing in energy efficiency measures, embracing smart usage habits can significantly contribute to saving on your electricity bills. By simply turning off lights and electronics when not in use, sealing air leaks in your home, and opting for fans instead of air conditioning, you can actively reduce your energy consumption and enjoy lower monthly bills.
Ready to Start Pricing? Save Today!
Are you ready to start saving on your PPL electric bill? This comprehensive article has armed you with the valuable information you need to find the cheapest electricity rates in PPL.
You learned which factors you need to consider when comparing electricity suppliers. We even discussed some tips on how to lower your next electricity bill. To get started and save today, simply click the Get Stated button below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is EnergyPricing.com?
EnergyPricing.com is an online marketplace that connects residential and commercial customers in deregulated electricity and natural gas states with energy suppliers.
How does EnergyPricing.com make money?
As a registered electricity broker with the Public Utility Commission in Pennsylvania, electricity suppliers pay us a small commission for connecting customers like you with them. Here is a full explanation on how we make money.
What is PPL's current rate?
From December 1, 2023, to May 31st, 2024, the PPL price to compare for residential customers is $0.11028 per kWh. For business customers, PPL's price to compare is $0.11386 per kWh. Shop on EnergyPricing.com to find cheaper rates.
Paul Rhoads, CEM, CEP
Paul is the Vice President of EnergyPricing.com. He has over a decade of experience in the energy industry, advising clients on how to shop in deregulated energy states. In addition to his experience, Paul is a Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and Certified Energy Procurement Professional (CEP).
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Understanding PPL Electric Rate Options
- PPL Price to Compare
- How to Switch PPL Electric Suppliers
- Benefits of Switching PPL Electric Suppliers
- Benefits of Switching PPL Electric Suppliers
- PPL Electric Service Area
- PPL Commercial Rates
- Tips for Lowering Your Electric Bill in PPL
- Ready to Start Pricing? Save Today!
- Frequently Asked Questions